Tuesday 24 January 2012

Rough cut feedback

I played my trailer to a group of peers I then asked them to give me some feedback on the forms I had created prior to showing the trailer. A picture of these is located below



[to be uploaded soon]. Clicking on it will bring up a bigger picture.



General points



* I found that people liked the music that I used and where I placed it; they thought that it matched the genre of my film adding pace and tension.
* Most people understood the story and wanted to find out more.
* They thought that the locations were varied and matched the genre.
* The shots I used were said to be good.

Improvements -



* People thought that I needed to change the volume of music at certain points so that the voice overs could be heard better.
* People thought that the fading of the music may be usefull so that it didn't sound so abrupt.
* A couple of people thought that I could create a better title for the film, perhaps making it fly into the shot.
* It was suggested that I could re-record some of the voice-overs so that they can be heard better, although quieting the music could work effectively.
* Titles were suggested to be added to show the actors/actresses names and to show the release date of the film.
* One person thought that the candle being blown out at the end could be extended.

1 comment: